You have no items in your shopping cart.
The ISC Phlotich Hitch-minding Pulley is designed for use in single rope technique (SRT) and double rope technique (DdRT) arborist climbing systems.
Hitch-minding pulleys are used in arborist climbing systems to push a climbing hitch up the rope. It is common to use a specially designed 'eye to eye' sling to tie a Valdotain tesse (VT) hitch. This type of hitch securely grips the rope but can easily be slid up and down the rope. Used together as a system, this allows basic climbing and descending a rope without extra specialized equipment.
The ISC Phlotich Pulley has two attachment openings. The round opening is for attaching the pulley and hitch to an arborist harness. The larger kidney-shaped opening will allow a carabienr to fully rotate and is shaped to reduce the risk of side loading. The opening is large enough to accept two carabiners. This allows the attachment of a rope in a double rope technique (DdRT) system and also attachment to a chest harness.
The Phlotich Pulley aluminum sideplates meet together without a gap allowing easier connection to a carabiner. This also allows easier use of a 'Twin Leg' Tether in SRT climbing with a Rope Wrench. This makes rigging simpler and allows proper alignment of the hitch, pulley and tether on the anchoring carabiner for a Rope Wrench set up.
The unique 'kidney' aperture has a number of benefits:
- Allows for a wide variety of carabiner connector shapes and will allow rotation of any carabiner.
- Allows for multiple carabiner connections at one time
- Allows for a carabiner to 'centre' itself depending on where the load is applied- and allows carabiners to 'self centre' during climbing manoeuvers, which is helpful with DdRT climbing when climbing up to a 'large limb'
- Allows for a perfect spot to connect to a sternal attachment for use in SRT climbing on ascent with a Rope Wrench.
- Side Plate Material: Aluminum
- Sheave Diameter: 13mm (0.5 inch)
- Weight: 145g (5 oz)
- Mean Breaking Strength (MBS): 30kN (6744lbf)