You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Otto Big is an traditional shaped figure 8 descender for rock climbing and sport and any other activity where a basic rappelling or lowering device is needed.
Originally designed for sport and recreation use, this style of figure 8 is commonly used whenever a safe easy to rig descender is needed. The forged design is light weight and easy to carry but still rated as a EN 15151-2:2012 Type 2 descender. The Otto Big is designed for single ropes between 8.6-10.5mm in diameter. We recommend the Otto 8 when a less expensive descender is needed for recreational and light duty use.
- CE Certification: Testing performed by an independant lab to ensure the product meets the appropriate specification.
- Certification: Certified to EN 15151-2 - Mounaaineering Equipment - Breaking/Belay Devices
- Hot Forged: Hot forged construction to maximum strength while minimizing weight
- Weight: 125g
- Maximum Rope Diameter: 10.5mm
- Certification: EN 15151-2:2012 Type 2, UIAA
- Country of Origin: Italy