You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Kootenay Ultra is a large multifunction pulley. The large sheave size allows a knotted rope to easy pass through the pulley. The large sheave also allows the pulley to pass over multiple ropes making it perfect for use as part of a highline system. The sheave is lockable to prevent it from turning. This removes the strength loss caused from tieing a knot in a rope since it allows the pulley to function as a high strength tie-off.
- Aluminum Sheave: Aluminum sheave provides long term wear resistance while minimizing weight.
- Ball Bearing Construction: Pulley sheave mounted on ball bearings for maximum efficiency.
- CE Certification: Testing performed by an independant lab to ensure the product meets the appropriate specification.
- Certification: Certified to EN 12278 - Montaineering equipment - Pulleys
- Large Diameter Sheave: Large sheave size preserves efficiency by minimizing the bend radius of the rope.
The original Kootenay knot passing single pulley was built by Rock Exotica in the late 80's for rope rescue use. Since those days, many have copied the pulley and even used the original name, but none have made as many advancements in the design until now.
- Extremely compact and lightweight, while maintaining same capacity of larger Kootenay-style pulleys.
- Simplifies high-strength tie-off with a single locking screw, stowable within the axle.
- Uses two independent sealed ball bearings for increased durability and efficiency.
- Two additional holes to separate tag lines and hoist lines, helping prevent spinning of the load and interference with connectors.
- Part Number: P3
- MBS: 39kN
- Working Load Limit: 6kN Single Line
- Weight: 25 oz (711gm)
- Rope Diameter: 8mm-19mm
- Sheave Diameter: 2.2" (56mm)
- Sheave Type: Bearing x 2
- Width: 4.1" (104mm)
- Height: 8.6" (218mm)
- Depth: 2.9" (75mm)
- Certification: EN12278:2007 CE 0120