You have no items in your shopping cart.
ALPINE UP is the most complete and versatile belay / rappel device ever produced. It has been developed especially for mountaineering and it can be used with half, twin and single ropes. Extremely advantageous, it allows self-locking abseiling and it can be used in three different belay modes, depending on the terrain.
The click-up mode (Hand assisted braking) allows:
- Belaying a lead climber on multi pitch sport climbing routes (bolted);
- Self-locking abseiling, using the folding handle;
- Absolute safety, even if the rope is incorrectly inserted.
The dynamic mode (Manual braking) allows:
- Belaying a lead climber on alpine route or ice climbing (friends, nuts and pitons);
- Braking friction with “V” grooves, similar to a tube device;
- Abseiling with “V” grooves brake.
The guide mode allows:
- Independent and self-locking belaying of one or two seconding climbers;
- Possibility of gradual releasing of a second under tension, by placing a biner in the proper hole.
ALPINE UP is supplied and must be used with the proper CONCEPT SGL HC carabiner with hardcoated wear-proof anodization and ACL system that prevents the possibility of the cross loading.